Thursday, September 22, 2011

WS 200-007: Online Day 3: Gender Theory

In my opinion, woman aren't born a woman, just as Simone Beavoir quotes in an article I recently read. The actually quote was "one is not born, but rather becomes a woman." I agree with this quote because i feel that women are once girls, encounter obsticles during their lives, and eventually mature into what are known as "women". These in my opinion are mature women that have the ability to provide for themselves. In other words, independent.
It is clear that the media as well as the the way a lot of us were raised has influenced the way we view sex, gender, and sexuality. I was taught that gender is what we were all born with. gender is the way the see ourselves, as in musculine or feminine. and finally sexuality is the sex we personally prefer.

1 comment: