Thursday, September 1, 2011

As a guy, when i hear the term "feminist", I automatically do not think of any men being involved. I'm not neccesarily proud of it, but I've had a sterotype about the issue. Before i actually learned what feminist meant, I thought of a hostel woman who hates men. I also thought of one that even dressed ratically.
As I have read the readings the past few weeks, i have quickly realized that feminism is nothing like i thought it would be. i have learned that the term describes almost a lifestyle that women live. they have fought for their rights just as the civil rights movement had at one point in time.
However, i do not feel that femimism is that big of a help in my personal life, mainly because i am a male. but i do feel that is is neccesary for other people to learn about it for their information.











No comments:

Post a Comment