Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Class Articles

I found the in class articles to be very interesting because they brought to light some very important issues that many people don't know about. I hadn't heard about the pro-rape pages on facebook. I think that the founders of facebook should remove these pages. The comments listed on these pages are threatening and offensive. The facebook terms of use clearly state that any group or person that posts anything harmful or offensive will be removed. I don't believe that the statements on these pages are like crude jokes because they are specifically talking about a certain group of people.
Another topic that I found interesting was the mylifeisbro website. I know that this wasn't listed in the articles but I find that site very offensive and sexist. The alternative though is a website called mylifeisho which is just as disgusting and offensive as the other. These pages just add to the sexist oppinions of our society. There are countless postings on these pages and they show how sexist our own generation is. I think that if they were shown what true feminism is and what it's about that they would feel differently. Most of the guys say that women's rights are a joke which proves that women aren't thought of in the right state of mind and that they aren't valued the same as men.
These articles and websites opened my eyes to how so many feel about women's rights and what they think of feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment